TRAINING OF THE EDUCATOR
The Get Real Training Institute (GRTI) offers educators a Get Real Training of the Educator (TOE). The TOE provides an invaluable professional development experience for teachers implementing Get Real. This research-based approach includes participation in a 10-12 hour, self-guided online course followed by participation in a two-day, skill-building, in-person training. In addition, teachers are provided two follow-up support sessions when they begin teaching Get Real in the classroom and receive ongoing online support through the special interactive Teacher Resources area of the Get Real website. This phased training approach helps ensure that teachers develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become competent and comfortable teaching comprehensive sexuality education with the ultimate goal of impacting student behavior.
Educators planning to implement Get Real are highly encouraged to attend training through the Get Real TOE offered by Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts (PPLM) or a certified Get Real replication partner. Successful completion of the TOE provides participants with the highest level of access on getrealeducation.org. Features of the website include:
- Continued digital access to family letters & activities translated into 8 languages and the Get Real educator blog
- Digital access to the most up-to-date English family letters & activities and process questions
- Videos of Get Real activities taught with fidelity by Get Real Trainers
- A database of vetted answers to frequently asked student questions
- A discussion forum and online community for Get Real educators to share ideas, resources, and classroom successes and challenges
- A library of thoughtfully selected resources and information in the field of sexuality education
- On-going access to the resources and materials presented through the Get Real TOE
Get Real trainings are conducted regionally or at your location for 10 or more people. Please Contact Us to discuss your particular training needs. Currently, regional trainings are only available in Boston, MA.
TRAINING OF THE TRAINER
The GRTI at PPLM also offers a Training of the Trainer (TOT). This training opportunity is open to those with advanced training skills who have successfully completed a PPLM-facilitated TOE since January 2015 and have implemented the curriculum in a classroom setting. The 5-day TOT is a high-level professional learning process that builds the knowledge and skills required of qualified trainers to provide Get Real TOEs and technical assistance/capacity-building assistance to adult learners who intend to implement Get Real. Registration applications will be required and all individuals will need to be approved before officially enrolling in this training. Additional pre-work will be required. Please Contact Us for more information.
Would you like to purchase Get Real? Please go to ETR’s website.
Have you already purchased your copy of Get Real? Please contact us for your getrealeducation.org login information or to discuss your training needs.