The Get Real Training of the Educator provides an invaluable professional development experience for teachers implementing Get Real. This research based approach includes participation in a self-guided online course followed by participation in a two-day, skill-building, in-person training. In addition, teachers are provided two follow-up support sessions when they begin teaching Get Real in the classroom and receive ongoing online support through the special interactive Teacher Resources area of the Get Real website. This phased training approach helps ensure that teachers develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become competent and comfortable teaching comprehensive sexuality education with the ultimate goal of impacting student behavior.
To receive continuing education credits, Get Real teachers are required to participate in the online course and attend the in-person Get Real Training of the Educator offered by Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts, ETR, or a certified Get Real replication partner. The Get Real Training of the Educator in-person training may be conducted at your location or in periodic regional trainings (currently available in Boston; additional locations coming soon).
Found ONLY with Get Real
Ongoing support is provided to teachers through the Get Real website at www.getrealeducation.org.
Features of the website include:
- Digital access to Get Real lessons, Family Letters, Family Activities, and Teacher’s Guide.
- A library of thoughtfully selected resources and the most up-to-date information in the field of sexuality education
- A database of vetted answers to frequently asked student questions
- An online community for Get Real educators to share ideas, resources, and classroom successes and challenges
- A blog that provides views from the classroom and best practices directly from PPLM’s Get Real educators